waittillguiexist('<window name>'[, '<component name>'[, guiTimeOut][, <'state'>]])
If the given window name exist, this function returns 1. If window doesnot exist, then this function returns 0. Difference between guiexist and waitguiexist is, waitguiexist waits for maximum 30 seconds. Still the window doesn't appear, then 0 is returned. We can set the environment variable 'GUI_TIMEOUT' to change the default waiting time. We can wait for component also and its an optional argument. The default value of guiTimeOut is None and it can be changed either by environment variable or by passing an integer argument > 0. This timeout will be for this specific window and it will not affect the global default time out settings. If you want to change the global default time out settings use guitimeout or objtimeout function appropriately.
Different window types
- Font Chooser(dlg)
- File Chooser(dlg)
- Window(This type in general does not have any associated title, so we need to represent them using index - dlg)
Glob Pattern support
Window name can be clubbed with glob patterns(* or ?)
Different ways of representing window name
- Window type and window title(Ex: 'frmUnsavedDocument1-gedit')
- Window title(Ex: 'Unsaved Document 1 - gedit')
- Window type, glob expression and partial window title(Ex: 'frm*-gedit')
- Glob pattern and partial window title(Ex: '*-gedit')
- Window type, partial window title and glob pattern(Ex: 'frmUnsavedDocument1*')
- Window type, window title and index(If two windows of same title exist at same time. Ex: First window name 'dlgAppoinment', Second window name 'dlgAppoinment1')
- Window type and index(only if window does not have any accessible title, Ex: 'dlg0')
Window name formats
If window label contains space or new line characters, they will be stripped.
- 'Unsaved Document 1 – gedit', will be represented as 'UnsavedDocument1-gedit'
'Unsaved Document 1
gedit', will be represented as 'UnsavedDocument1gedit'
- Return values
from ldtp import *
settextvalue('*-gedit', 'txt1', 'test')
# Wait for Undo button state enabled
waittillguiexist('*-gedit', 'btnUndo', state = state.ENABLED)
This function will be useful, when some event is fired and after that if a new window is expected, we can use this function to wait for window to appear.
- Nagappan Alagappan firstname.lastname@example.org@.email@example.com@m..com